Monday 12 October 2015

What FCP actually is




Whenever I say to someone what course I am studying at University, they always assume that because fashion is involved, that its all about fashion design. If you're one of those people who think that FCP is only about making clothes and drawing designs, then please read on so you can discover a little of what the course actually is. 

For my first year doing FCP, it is very much about visual storytelling; breaking down an advert or a product and analysing it to find out what the story behind it is. I am able to develop my visual communication skills with a range of mixed media such as photography, styling, print, film, etc. There are such a range of jobs that FCP allows me to go into, for instance, I could go into Fashion Buying, PR, Styling, Visual Merchandising, Sales, Events, and so much more. 

Fashion is a multi-billion dollar industry, with so many different directions to go to. Before you assume that Fashion is just about making clothes, remember that there is 10x more that you can do in this industry!

That was only a brief description of what FCP is. If you are interested about this course, I recommend you visit FCP NTU to find out what amazing things this course has to offer! 

Saskia x 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mind Over Matter | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig