Friday 15 January 2016

NYC Day 5 - Garment Tour

Today was our last full day in NYC! So sad to be leaving tomorrow. We finally had the garment district tour which I've been waiting for all week!

Woke up really early, and made our way to the Garment District. We went into Mood Fabrics (a luxury fabric store) and spoke to a designer, and some bloggers (Wanderlust Girls) who were so lovely and full of fab advice. 


We then walked along Fashion Avenue and came across Around The World Publications. This was my dream shop. Although I didn't buy anything, being surrounded by so many magazines from around the world was amazing. 


We then went to see a jewellery designer (Larruicci - I will create another blogpost when I'm back to the UK), the designer was so bubbly and passionate about her brand, was so nice to speak to her. 

After, we headed to FIT Museum to look at the Fairy Tale Fashion exhibition, which was truly beautiful and nostalgic. 



My feet hurt so badly after, but this was such a good tour, met some lovely people in the industry, and found new amazing places! After the tour I decided to get some shopping out the way (oops) and had one amazing burger and fries.


Can't believe this trip is over already! Tomorrow will be a short day but I will post a few pictures on Instagram. Cannot wait to eventually come back to this amazing city! 

Saskia X 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mind Over Matter | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig