Monday 4 January 2016

Jaden Smith x Louis Vuitton Womenswear campaign


I was scrolling through Facebook today and found a link saying that Jaden Smith was the new face of Louis Vuitton's womenswear campaign. Yes, I repeat, Womenswear. For such a High-End market brand, doing something like this would of course cause a whirlwind of thoughts and opinions. Vogue stated that ''Gender-Free clothing and championing individuality were two of fashions big themes in 2015'' - maybe LV are trying to push that point across even more for 2016. 

I decided that I wanted to research more into Gender-Free concept so I looked back at an article from 2013 by the Daily Mail.  This article spoke about how we automatically consider the colour Pink to represent girls, and Blue to represent boys. I also learnt that in the 1940's, parents became more aware of what to dress the gender of their child in, it became more specific. In the 1960's when the liberation movement was in play, was when unisex came back. I ask myself when I see a man wearing something that appears to be feminine, or a women that is wearing something that is classed masculine, does it really matter? Who cares if a man wants to wear makeup, or wear the skinniest jeans, or carry a handbag? Who cares if a women wants to wear a suit, wear baggy t-shirts, or have short hair? I think that the campaign that Louis Vuitton came out with speaks a thousand words on Gender-Free clothing and individuality. 


Saskia x  

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Mind Over Matter | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig